This protein granola is simple and fun to make; it’s an easy snack to pack and perfect for a summer road trip! I consider it a healthier version of the store bought granola. This granola is packed with protein and will help you keep your summertime goals to SHRED in check. I like to pack it in snack baggies and eat it as a trail mix. But, just keep it in the refrigerator until you’re going to use it.
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons whole flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup of Magnum’s Quattro Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup Almond milk
First I preheat the oven to 350 degrees, in a large glass bowl I mix all of the ingredients. I coat a large glass baking pan with coconut oil and then spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
I bake it for 45 minutes and stir it every 15 minutes until the granola is browned and crunchy. Depending on your oven it could take up to 60 minutes, continue to stir and check on it until it is slightly browned and crunchy. Be careful not to let it get too brown and remove it from the oven.
Beastly breakdown per serving
Makes 16 Servings
½ cup per serving
- 137.5 calories
- 7.5 grams of protein
- 17 grams of carbohydrates
- 5 grams of fat
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Be sure to use your favorite protein powder. I use Magnum’s Quattro in vanilla; it totally rocks!
- Let the granola cool down before placing it in a storage container or placing in individual snack baggies. If you are in a hurry you can put it in the refrigerator to let it cool down.
- You can exchange the vanilla protein powder for chocolate. You can also use 1 cup of Rice milk or 1 cup of water instead of Almond milk.
Did you love this recipe? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends.
Still hungry for more healthy recipes, muscle building and weight loss tips? Pick up a copy of Pantry Raid.