This is an awesome recipe and by far a man’s meal! I know this recipe will be a hit with the man in your life. Try it tonight.
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup salsa, chunky
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 low-fat whole wheat wrap
Before I get started, I preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then I grease my glass baking pan with a light coat of coconut oil.
I set the baking pan to the side and grab my cutting board. I cut the yellow onion and red bell pepper into slices. I place them in the glass baking dish.
Next, I place the chicken breast flat in the glass baking dish, making sure there are no onions or peppers under the chicken breast.
I place the glass baking dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes. I check on it and stir the peppers and onions once before removing it from the oven. Once removed, I set it on the counter to let it cool down.
While it is cooling down, I get out the salsa, 1 whole wheat wrap and ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. I place the whole wheat wrap in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, just enough to warm it up.
I place the whole wheat wrap on a large glass dish and put the salsa on the wrap. Then I take the baking pan with the chicken, peppers and onions and place them on top of the salsa and the wrap.
Finally I sprinkle ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. I fold the wrap up. This is a pretty big wrap, so usually once I fold the wrap; I place 2 toothpicks in it which helps hold it together.
Beastly breakdown per serving
- 1,256 calories
- 99 grams of protein
- 113 grams of carbohydrates
- 44 grams of fat
Beastly Recipe Options
- Once you finish putting the wrap together; you can toast it in a toaster oven, or microwave it. This will warm up the salsa and melt the cheese.
- You could always eat this as a cold wrap. To do this, you will need some chicken that has been previously cooked.
- You could get out the grill. Wrap the chicken, onions and pepper in foil and grill.
- This recipe also lends itself to herbs and spices, try some of your favorite on it.
- Don’t fret this meals calorie content. If you are looking to SHRED, just cut down on the portion sizes, and you’ll have plenty of leftovers for the work week.
Did you love this recipe? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends.
Still hungry for more healthy recipes, muscle building and weight loss tips? Pick up a copy of Pantry Raid.