Ellie Marie Gundelfinger made her transformation at Hitch Fit, and now she loves helping others do the same! Ellie’s hard work has not gone unnoticed. She has been nominated for Fitness Gurls Magazine Physique of the year award 2016. Find out more about this fun loving, sexy gal.
- Hometown: Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Current Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Height: 5’8’’
- Weight: 135lbs
- Age: 31
- Favorite Style of Cardio: HIIT
- Favorite Nail Polish: CND Gel Polish “Lucky Lavender”
For those unfamiliar with you, can you tell us a bit about your background and how you got involved in the fitness industry?
Growing up, I was the definition of a tomboy! I played competitive volleyball for Team KC and collegiate volleyball for 2 years. After volleyball was over, I didn’t know what to do with myself, so in 2010 I went through my first transformation at Hitch Fit, and stepped on stage for the very first time.
This experience changed my life forever! I decided I wanted to help others achieve the same great feeling, so I became a personal trainer and began working at Hitch Fit.
Congratulations on being nominated for Fitness Gurls Magazine Physique of the year 2016. Tell us how that opportunity came about.
Being nominated for Fitness Gurls Magazine Physique of the year is a huge honor! To be published in this magazine has always been a huge milestone goal for me, so to be considered is an amazing feeling.
How long have you worked at Hitch Fit, and what do enjoy most about working there?
I have been with Hitch Fit for almost 3 years, and truly love what I do. One of the most satisfying feelings is when you can help someone achieve their goals and push past what they thought they were capable of.
How did you become involved with Magnum Nutraceuticals? And what do you love most about the company?
I recently joined the Magnum Team this year. Also, Hitch Fit has teamed up with Magnum, so it’s a perfect fit! And Magnum’s products are absolutely amazing! I’ve tried tons of other supplement brands over the years, but Magnum products are truly the highest quality.
What Magnum products are you currently using?
Ellie’s Current Stack
- Primer Pack 1 pack daily
- Acid 3 times daily
- Rocket Science
- Big C
- Rocket Science
- Big C
Ellie’s Current Training Routine
- Straight Legged Deadlifts 5 x 15
- Weighted Walking Lunges 5×20
- Leg Extensions 5 x 15
- Lying Leg Curls 5 x 15
- Cable Kickbacks 3 x 10 (each leg)
- Military Press 5 x 15 (Superset)
- Upright Rows 5 x 15
- Lateral Raises 5 x 15
- Front Raises 5 x 15
- Landmine Press 5 x 10 (or until burnout)
I use the treadmill and do incline sprints, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest for 5 rounds and repeat 3-4 times.
- Weighted Step Ups 5 x 20 (Superset)
- Alternate Body Weight Jumping Lunges 5 x 20
- Sumo Squats 5 x 20 (Superset)
- Sumo Squat Jumps
- Lateral Cable Kickouts 4 x 10
- Weighted Reverse Lunges 5 x 20
- Saturday: Back
- Seated Row 5 x 20
- Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns 5 x 20
- One Arm Rows (Max Weight) 5 x 10 (Superset)
- Bent-Over Fly’s
- Lat Pulldowns 5 x 15
- Standing Curls 5 x 15
- Dips 5 x 20
- Hammer Strength Curls 5 x 15
- Pushdowns 5 x 15
- Preacher Curls 5 x 15
- Single Arm Kickbacks 5 x 10
- Steady State 40 Minutes
What’s your favorite shoulder exercise and why?
Shoulders are one of my favorite muscle groups to train. I always start my shoulder workout with standing shoulder presses. I love these because they target the middle of shoulders as well as build my abdominal wall.
What’s your favorite exercise for inner thighs?
Heavy sumo squats.
Do you allow yourself to have an occasional cheat meal? And if so, what is your favorite thing to have?
It’s important to include a little ‘treat’ meal every once in a while. My favorite go to meal is a big cheeseburger and sweet potato fries!
Ellie’s Typical Diet
- Meal 1: ½ cup Oatmeal, ½ Scoop Protein powder and 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Meal 2: 6 Ounces Plain Greek Yogurt and ½ Cup Blueberries
- Meal 3: 5 Ounces Chicken, ½ Cup Brown Rice and Tons of Vegetables
- Meal 4: Magnum Quattro Protein Shake and 1-2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- Meal 5: 5 Ounces Ground Turkey or Salmon and Tons of Vegetables
- Meal 6: This is usually my late night snack; it can vary from a protein shake to a little Greek yogurt.
- Post Workout Meal: I always include an additional meal, post weight training. This meal is typically my oats and protein shake. I blend ½ cup of oats, 1 scoop Magnum protein powder and unsweetened almond milk.
What’s the one food you couldn’t live without? And how do you handle cravings?
I could never live without my PEANUT BUTTER! When I’m in contest prep this is my last little treat. I typically keep it in my diet as long as possible, but when/if I have to remove it, I use PB2. It’s not the same, but it gets the job done.
Do you have any special beauty tips you’d like to share?
Over the years I have found that my skin breaks out when I workout a lot. So, I started carrying the makeup remover wipes in my gym bag. They are perfect to take your makeup off pre workout, and to remove the sweat from your face and hairline post workout. I’ve found they make a world of difference when trying to keep your pores clean.
What do you do to relax when you’re not working out?
I’m a huge homebody. Whenever I get the chance to just ‘chill,’ I usually throw on my PJ’s and rent a movie at home.
There’s still time to vote for Ellie. Click here to make your vote count!
Did you love this interview? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends. Thanks!