Meet Magnum’s Athlete Rabab Chawki. Rabab is a fun loving and sexy Bikini competitor who is pursuing her passion both inside and outside of the gym.
- Hometown: Safi, Morocco
- Current Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Height: 5’ 1”
- Weight: 115 lbs
- Age: 25
- Favorite Shoulder Exercise: Bent-Over Low-Pulley Side Laterals
- Favorite Beauty Product: ProEVEN Cleanser by VICHY
Websites and Social Media:
Facebook Athlete Page: https://www.facebook.com/athlete.rababchawki?fref=ts
For those unfamiliar with you, can you tell us a bit about your background and how you got involved in the fitness industry?
I’m originally from Morocco, and when I was younger I enjoyed horseback riding. In 2009 my brother introduced me to the gym, and then I moved to Canada. By 2012 I became serious about my nutrition, and I started working out six days a week.
Tell us about your love for interior and furniture design, and are you currently working in that field?
This summer I received my degree from the University of Moncton. I have a big passion for designing furniture. At the moment I’m working at Goodlife Fitness, and in my spare time, I design furniture.
In the near future, I hope to start my own furniture company.
How does your training and diet evolve as you get closer to a competition?
Closer to a competition, I train with higher reps and use a lighter to medium weight; as opposed to the off season or the beginning of contest prep, when I use heavier weights and less repetitions.
Normally, I can deadlift 225 lbs x 12 during my off season, but right now in 3 weeks out? (Laughs) No way!
As for my diet, at the beginning of a prep, I start with a good amount of calories with a moderate amount of carbs and fats; slowly, I decrease them as I get closer to a show. But it also depends on how my body responds to my diet. I meet with my coach once a week, and we make the necessary adjustments if they are needed.
What’s the one thing you look forward to treating yourself to after a competition?
Mama T’s Protein Cookies. If you’ve never had one, you totally should; they are the best protein cookie on the market!
How did you become involved with Magnum Nutraceuticals? And tell us a little bit about the demos and what you love most about them?
When I first became a ‘gym rat,’ I tried a lot of different supplements, and I would have a bad reaction to most of them. When I first discovered Magnum, I tried Heat and Acid, and it was the very first time that I didn’t have a bad reaction to a fat burner. After that, I started purchasing all of their products and started following them closely.
I loved the image, value and ethics of Magnum, and I was impressed with how the athletes represented themselves and the brand. All I had to do is take one look at the President of Magnum, Markus Kaulius and the Executive, Bert Neibergall; they are in amazing shape and really stand behind their products.
I was so impressed with the company, I sent in a sponsorship letter and became a sponsored athlete, and I couldn’t be happier!
I love doing the demos; it’s so much fun! I get to share my love for Magnum’s products with everyone. I enjoy meeting new people and educating them about all of Magnum’s products. I also love passing out our free samples.
What Magnum products are you currently using?
Don’t call me an addict, but I pretty much use all of them! (Laughs)
Rabab’s Daily Supplements
Upon Wake Up
- Hi-5– 1 scoop
- Primer– one pack per day
- Acid-3 times per day
- Mimic-before my biggest meal of the day
- Tonic– 3 times a day
- Quattro– Pre/Post
- Volume– 20 minutes pre workout
- Limitless, Opus or Rocket Science– 30 minutes prior to training or sometimes in the morning for extra energy
- Thrust– 15 minutes pre workout
- Hi-5- 1 scoop
- Thrust– 15 minutes before bed
- E-brake– 20-30 minutes before bed
- G-spring– 30 minutes before bed
I noticed Sunday is your ‘bake day,’ tell us about that and what do you enjoy baking in the kitchen?
I only started baking recently, and I absolutely love it! One of my favorite things to bake is protein cookies with no sugar. I love making food for my family and friends, especially during contest prep, and I can’t eat it!
Rabab’s Training Schedule
Day 1: Quads/Hamstrings
- Leg Curl 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3 x 10
- Leg Extension 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- Smith Machine Wide Stance Squats 3 x 12
- Wide Stance Leg Press 4 x 12
- DB Walking Lunges 3 x 10
Day 2: Triceps/Chest/Abs
- Push Ups (Warm Up)
- Flat bench BB Extension (Superset)
- Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 12
- Cable Rope Pushdown (Superset)
- Rope Overhead Extensions 3 x 12
- Smith Machine Bench Press 3 x 10
- Incline DB Fly’s 3 x 10
- Pec Deck 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- Leg Raises 3 x 15
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Back/Biceps/Abs
- Lat Pulldowns 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- Close Grip Seated Row 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- Reverse Grip Seated Machine Row 3 x 12
- Deadlifts 3 x 12
- BB Curls 21’s
- Incline DB Curl 3 x 12
- Machine Preacher Curl 3 x 12
- Incline Twists 3 x 15
Day 5: Shoulders/Calves/Abs
- Side Lateral Raises 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- Seated DB Press 3 x 12
- BB Upright Row 3 x 12 (Last Set 1 x 20)
- Incline BB Front Raises 3 x 12
- Calf Raises 3 x 10/20/30
- Vertical Knee Raises 3 x 15
Day 6: Glutes/Abs
- BB Hip Thrusts 4 x 20
- Reverse Hack Squat 3 x 15
- Cable Kick Backs 3 x 12
- DB Step Ups (Bench) 3 x 12
- Cable Crunch (On Knees) 3 x 15
Day 7: Rest
This training program was made by my coach, Steve Sweeney.
How did you get involved in tire flipping, and why do you like it?
At first, I didn’t think it would be that hard, especially with those huge tires!
It’s an amazing full body workout, and I love it!
What are your favorite arm exercises, and what’s your secret to your incredible arm development?
21’s for my biceps are my favorite exercise.
I hit my muscles from every angle. Like my coach says, “put the mind behind the muscle.”
Do you have a favorite line of clothing you like to wear to the gym?
My favorite line of clothing for the gym would be Better Bodies and Ripped Angel.
Rabab’s Current Diet: 3 Weeks Out
My coach and I adjust my meals around my workout times. For this diet, my workout time is around 12:30-1pm.
- Meal 1: 6 Egg Whites, 7 Ounces Sweet Potato, ½ Cup Salsa and Black Coffee
- Meal 2: 4 Ounces Shrimp, ¾ Cup Basmati Brown Rice, 3 ½ Ounces Broccoli or Asparagus and Black Coffee
- Intra Workout: 1 Liter Water, 5 Grams BCAA’s, 5 Grams Glutamine, ½ of a Juiced Lemon and Stevia
- Post workout: 1 Scoop Protein and Water
- Meal 3: 4 Ounces Beef or Lean Steak and 3 ½ Ounces Broccoli or Asparagus
- Meal 4: 4 Ounces Chicken and 3 ½ Ounces Broccoli or Asparagus
- Meal 5: 6 Egg Whites, ½ Cup Salsa and 1 Tablespoon Omega 3 Fish Oil
Do you have any special beauty tips you’d like to share?
Sleep is a must! Be sure to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night and drink 3 liters of water a day!
That’s the secret to beautiful healthy skin.
What do you do to relax when you’re not working out?
I usually go for a walk with my dogs, play video games, just relax or spend time with my boyfriend.
Did you love this interview? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends. Thanks!