Meet Magnum Athlete, Erin Crawford. Erin traded in her fast food and cigarettes for a healthier lifestyle. Find out what her new favorite food is and how she did it!
- Hometown: Terrace, British Columbia, Canada
- Current Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
- Height: 5’4”
- Weight: 126 lbs
- Age: 31
- Favorite Lift: Deadlift
- Favorite Color: White
Websites and Social Media
For those unfamiliar with you, can you tell us a bit about your background and how you got involved in the fitness industry?
I was a super unhealthy individual. I smoke and ate fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I started to clean up my lifestyle because I felt horrible all of the time. So I gave up smoking and started to eat healthier foods or so I thought. I ended up gaining a lot of weight, and it was scary! At the time, I tried every diet on the market and wasn’t making any progress.
I became frustrated, but was still very determined. I bought every fitness magazine in town and started following the workouts and diet plans. I ended up falling in love with lifting weights!
Eventually, I needed more information and enrolled in the personal training courses hosted at the University of Victoria, and the rest is history!
Tell us a about BodyTempo Health and Fitness. How long have you owned it, what do you love most about owning it, and how do you feel when your clients achieve their goals?
I have owned BodyTempo for 8 years. BodyTempo has truly been my most rewarding career to date. I just love working with people on their personal goals. Superficial goals aside, helping someone to lose weight and to have a better quality of life is very fulfilling to me.
How did you become involved with Magnum Nutraceuticals? And what do you love most about the company?
I have been competing in the Fitness world for about four years, and during that time, I built a strong relationship with the owners at Popeye’s. So naturally when they began to stock Magnum products, I became interested in using them! After trying Magnums products, I was extremely happy with my results. Popeye’s introduced me to Magnum’s President, Markus Kaulius, and the rest is history!
I just love every aspect the Magnum brand signifies.
Magnum creates honest products that actually work! The team atmosphere among the athletes at Magnum is truly amazing.
I don’t think I would be where I am today without this team.
What Magnum products are you currently using?
- Primer Pack
- Performance Greens
- Pre Workout
- Big C
- Performance Greens
- Before Bed
- Tonic 3 x a day
Mimic with carbs only, and that sums it up!
Do you have a favorite recipe using Magnum’s Quattro you’d like to share?
I have way too many too list, but here’s one of my favorites, and it’s really simple to make.
Triple Layered Frozen Quattro Bites with Coffee Beans and Raw Cacao Nibs
Yields: 10 Muffins
Here’s how I make it:
- Mix 3 scoops of chocolate Quattro with just enough water to make a thick consistency.
- Pour into muffin tray.
- Add cacao nibs and 3-4 coffee beans.
- Put in freezer for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer.
- Add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Mix 4 scoops of vanilla Quattro with just enough water to make a thick consistency. See step #1. Pour on top.
- Add 3-4 coffee beans on top.
- Repeat step #4 and then remove.
- I use a rubber cooking muffin sheet.
- This recipe is inspired by Mrs. Cannon.
Congratulations on your recent marriage. Did you make any changes to your training program prior to your big day?
Thank you! A week before my wedding, I competed in the IFBB World Qualifer 2015, so I was pretty much wedding dress ‘ready.’ Prior to the competition and wedding, I was doing full body workouts, plyometrics, and mixed cardio, steady state and sprints.
What does your current training look like?
My sets and reps change week to week. For my abs, I do high volume, and I’m always changing up the exercises.
Erin’s Training Schedule
- Front Squats 3 x 8
- Walking lunges 3 x 8
- Deadlifts 6/3/8
- Pistols 3 x Failure
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts 3 x Failure
- Crunches 3 x Failure
- Incline Bench Press 8/4/12
- Bent- Over BB Rows 8/4/12
- Push Press 6/3/9
- Chip Ups 3x Failure
- Behind Neck BB Press 3 x 21
- Kneeling J Pulldown with rope 3 x 21
- Mixed Cardio 45 minutes
- Thursday: Full Body
- Rear Lunges (Alternating) 8 x 3
- Sumo Deadlifts 8 x 3
- Pull Ups 3 x Failure
- Dips 3 x Failure
- Iron Cross 3 x Failure
- TRX Row 3 x Failure
- T Push Ups 3 x Failure
- Sprints 15 minutes (15 seconds full effort/45 seconds recovery)
Saturday: Full Body
- Bulgarian Split Squats 3 x 7
- Single Legged Romanian Deadlifts 3 x 7
- BB Corner Press 3 x 20
- Single Arm Cable Pulldowns 3 x 20
- High Pulls 3 x 12
- BB Rollouts 3 x Failure
What is your favorite exercise and why?
Deadlifts; I am determined to get my glute-ham tie into awesomeness!
Erin’s Daily Diet
- Meal 1: Quattro Pancakes made with Quattro, 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour, 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds, 1 Tablespoon Flaxseeds and 1 Teaspoon Hemp Hearts
- Meal 2: 3 ½ Ounces Chicken, 1 Cup Broccoli, 1 Cup Cabbage, ½ Cup Onion, ¼ Cup Red Pepper 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- Meal 3: 3 ½ Ounces Chicken, 4 Ounces Sweet Potatoes and 2-3 Cups Mixed Vegetables
- Meal 4: Quattro Protein Shake and 3 ½ Ounces Strawberries same as meal #1
I love to add berries; strawberries are my favorite!
What’s your favorite breakfast?
What are your go to foods for eating on the run?
If I’m eating out and have limited options, I’ll opt for canned tuna on a veggie Subway salad. I also love packing my own salad with chicken or sirloin steak.
Do you have any special beauty tips you’d like to share?
I love the Sephora line. I would have to say the Anastasia contouring palate has a banana highlight that makes you look fresh no matter what. It works wonders! I use it under my eyes and in the corner of my eyes when I have long days.
What are your hobbies and interests outside of the fitness industry?
British Columbia is pretty amazing, so I pretty much love anything outdoors. I love to go hiking with my two baby Boston terriers and my new husband.
In the summer, we enjoy relaxing by the river.
I also like to give back to the community, and whenever there is an opportunity, I’ll participate in local fund fundraisers. In the past, I have done events for British Columbia Children’s Hospital, and all of the money goes to their amazing charity.
Did you love this interview? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends. Thanks!