These muffins are made with ancient grains and are a healthy alternative to high caloric café muffins. Bananas give this recipe a natural sweetness and will give you an energy boost without extra sugar. Try them for an afternoon pick me up or for a quick bite on the go with your morning coffee.
Yields: 10-12 Muffins
Bake Time: 20-25 Minutes
- 2 Sliced Bananas
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Seed Oil
- 1 Cup and 2 Teaspoons Water
- 1 Box Enjoy Life Muffin Mix
- Grease or line muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour muffin mix into a large glass bowl.
- Add oil and water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add sliced bananas to batter.
- Gently combine.
- Pour batter into muffin tin.
- Fill each tin 2/3 way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Muffins should be a golden brown.
- Before removing muffins, check with a toothpick.
- Once toothpick pulls clean muffins are done.
Beastly Recipe Notes
These muffins are sweet enough and I prefer to keep my sugar intake low. But for extra sweetness you can always add 3 Tablespoons of sugar.
Add almond butter. Yum!
For more healthy recipes, pick up a copy of Pantry Raid.
Did you love this recipe? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends. Thanks!