Meet Magnum’s stunning beauty, Caitlyn Bellamy. Caitlyn was incredibly fun to interview, and I enjoyed talking with her. I hope you enjoy getting to know this fitness pro a little better too!
- Hometown: Fort St. John, British Columbia
- Current Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: 140 lbs
- Age: 30
- Favorite Books: Oh She Glows and Thug Kitchen
Social Media and Websites
For those unfamiliar with you, can you tell us a bit about your background and how you got involved in the fitness industry?
I have always been athletic. I played volleyball, basketball, ran cross country and through my teenage years I did Tae Kwon Do. When I met my husband in my early 20’s, he introduced me to the gym, and I have been hooked ever since. In 2008 we competed in our first show together. Since then, I have competed in about ten shows and have had the pleasure of being featured in fitness magazines around the world.
Tell us a little bit about your company Revolutionary Fitness and Nutrition.
I started this company along with my husband in 2009, we offer personal training, online training packages as well as contest preparation. I absolutely love my job, and couldn’t imagine doing anything else, there is no better feeling then helping my clients reach their goals.
How did you become involved with Magnum Nutraceuticals? And what do you love most about the company?
I met Markus through social media about 3 years ago, and I have always loved his enthusiasm, how much he values his athletes and his passion for the fitness industry; it really was a no brainer when he asked me to join the team last year. I love that at Magnum we are considered and treated like family, not just a team.
What are your personal favorite Magnum products and why?
- Quattro- I am lactose intolerant, so I absolutely love that Quattro is lactose free. I have used the Chocolate Love flavor every day for the past year. So good!
- Heat and Acid- I take daily, Heat before cardio and Acid before meals, both are amazing for fat loss.
- Hi-5- If anyone is ever going to ‘od’ on BCAA’s it will be this girl. I absolutely ‘love’ this product. I really find it helps with my muscle soreness and it tastes amazing.
- Mimic- I take on my cheat days and with every carb meal.
- G-Spring-Our newest product and maybe it’s our best yet! I’ve been using G-Spring every night for the past month and it has improved my sleep immensely. I wake up feeling refreshed, rested and ready to seize the day.
What’s the one thing you look forward to treating yourself to after a competition?
Candy! I have a major sweet tooth. Cherry Nibs are my favorite.
What does your current training look like?
Caitlyn’s Daily Routine
- Sprints are done outdoors or on the treadmill.
Tues: Shoulders/Chest/Arms/Abs /Yoga
- 5-8km Run
Friday: Full Body/Yoga
- Stepmill Intervals
- 5-10km Run
What’s your favorite exercise and why?
Deadlifts, squats and barbell glute raises. I am glute obsessed because I was a skinny girl with a flat pancake butt, and I’ve been on a mission to change that! I ‘love’ training my legs and glutes and usually work them 2-3 times a week.
What’s your favorite form of cardio?
I have always been a runner, there is something so freeing about getting on a trail, putting on my headphones and just going. I love to go trail running with my dog, Poppy.
Do you have a favorite pair of shoes for training and why?
No, but I am obsessed with running shoes. I think I have about 15 pairs, a girl needs options!
What does your current diet look like?
I always try to choose wholesome nutrient dense foods, and I try to vary my diet. I eat 4-5 times a depending on how busy I am. I don’t really track my macros as of right now.
Today looked like this:
- Meal 1: ½ Cup Oats, 1 Scoop Chocolate Love Quattro, ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk and 1 Teaspoon Fish Oil
- Meal 2: 4 Ounces Chicken, 1 ½ Cups Zoodles, Homemade Pesto and 2 Rice Cakes
- Meal 3: Post Workout-1 Scoop Quattro, 1 Banana and 1 Cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- Meal 4: 4 Ounces Ground Turkey, Avocado, Large Salad and 12 Brown Rice Crackers
- Meal 5: 2 Cups Snap Peas
Zoodles are spiralized zucchini. And the snap peas are fresh from my garden.
Does your family participate in your fitness endeavors or meal prep?
My husband and I train together often; he is extremely supportive of my career and goals. He also hunts, so I guess you could say he helps with meal prep, elk and moose meat are eaten a lot in our home. My kids love to help in the garden and love to cook; meal prep is definitely a family affair.
Do you have any special beauty tips you’d like to share?
Don’t wear make-up when you are training, or carry make up wipes with you so you can cleanse your face post workout.
What do you do to relax when you’re not working out or training clients?
I’m not much of a ‘relax’ kind of person. I am happiest when I am active and outdoors. I love to cook and bake, trail running or hiking, and in the winter I am usually snowboarding.
Did you love this interview? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends. Thanks!