This delicious high protein low carb meal is perfect for the summertime. For summer fun, take this recipe outdoors to the grill.
Marinate: 15 minutes
Broil: 6 minutes
- 1 lb. Fresh Halibut
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 1 large Sweet onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 Small Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Wooden Skewers
- Rinse onion, pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut onion lengthwise into chunks. For this recipe you’ll only be using half the onion.
- Place half the onion in a glass bowl.
- Cut peppers in half.
- Core and remove seeds. For this recipe you’ll only be using half of each pepper.
- Once peppers are cored, cut the 2 halves into 4 wedges.
- Place in bowl with onion.
- Pluck stems from tomatoes; add to bowl.
- In an 8×8 baking pan combine olive oil, lime juice and mustard.
- Stir mixture until combined.
- Cut halibut into sixteen 1 inch cubes.
- Place cubes in baking pan; add peppers, onion and tomatoes.
- Cover pan with tin foil.
- Marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Flip the mixture; coat the other side.
- Marinate 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Thread fish cubes and vegetables onto skewers.
- Brush left over marinade on kabobs.
- Place skewers on the broiler pan.
- Broil approximately 4” from the heat source.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn and brush kabobs with marinade.
- Broil 3 minutes.
Beastly Recipe Tips
- When the fish is no longer translucent, it’s done.
- Make sure the vegetables are crisp.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Not a fan of halibut? Try swordfish, salmon, or tuna steak.
- For extra flavor, add herbs and spices or freshly black ground pepper.
Let me know if you make this recipe in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Subscribe to Nutrition Beast to receive the latest articles, recipes and fitness information as it’s released.