This smoothie is so tasty, simple to make and costs less than grabbing one at the local smoothie stand. For less than ten dollars, grab these items at the grocery store; use your favorite protein powder and you’ll be in smoothie heaven. By making the smoothie at home, you’ll be more in control of its caloric content too. Drink up without the guilt.
- ¾ Cup Part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ Cup Almond milk
- ½ Cup Blueberries
- ½ Banana
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla protein powder
- 6 ice cubes
Beastly Bonus: Blueberries are packed with antioxidants.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Make it extra thick; use frozen blueberries.
- Spice it up; add cinnamon.
- Rather than blending, top smoothie with 1/2 banana.
- Top smoothie with shredded coconut.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Subscribe to Nutrition Beast to receive the latest articles, recipes and fitness information as it’s released.