This cake is so delicious everyone will love it! It’s high in protein and simple to make. You can use your favorite protein powder for this recipe. For extra sweetness and flavor, I like to use strawberry protein powder.
Bake at: 350 degrees
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
Yields: 9 servings
- 6 Scoops of strawberry protein powder
- 6 Egg whites
- 2 Ounces water
- 1 Cup fresh strawberries
- ½ Cup fresh blueberries
- 1-8 Ounce container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or grease a 9×9 baking pan.
- Add protein powder to a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg whites.
- Mix thoroughly with a hand held mixer or spatula.
- Depending on its consistency, you may need to add 2 tablespoons to 2 ounces of water.
- Once the mixture has a smooth texture, pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cake cool on a baking rack for 45 minutes.
- Once cake is cool, use a spatula; spread Cool Whip on cake.
- Top cake with strawberries and blueberries.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- For the cake mixture, add water slowly; it’s best not to have it too liquidy, but you also don’t want it too thick. I’ve found the amount of water varies, depending on the protein powder that I use.
- It bakes pretty quickly, so check it before the 10 minute mark.
- For cool down, if you’re in a hurry toss it in the freezer.
- Cake must be totally cooled down before you add Cool Whip.
- I line the outer edge of the cake with the strawberries and fill the center with blueberries.
Still hungry? For more healthy recipes, pick up a copy of Pantry Raid.
If you make it, I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment in the section below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.Subscribe to Nutrition Beast to receive the latest articles, recipes and fitness information as it’s released.