Every Father’s Day I like to bake something special for my dad. This year I thought I’d take one of his favorite desserts and turn it into something huge. Making this cookie brought back fond memories. When I was a kid, Dad would take me to the mall and longingly stare at the big Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies in the glass case.
While I was shopping, he’d always sneak off and get a cup of coffee and a small chocolate chip. Got to love Dads! This is a deliciously nutritious cookie that is sure to warm your dad’s heart too.
Bake time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 large cookie
Yields: 24-30 slices
Plus: 3 small drop cookies *see below
- 1 2/3 cups natural peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 whole egg cage free, organic
- 4 egg whites cage free, organic
- 3 Tbsp. honey organic
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 cups Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 16×16 inch pizza pan and 1 cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, sugar and eggs together until smooth.
- Beat in honey and vanilla.
- Add the flour and oats; combine thoroughly with a spatula.
- With clean hands, press dough onto pizza pan. Make sure dough is even in thickness.
- Sprinkle large cookie/pie with chocolate chips, before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick; toothpick pulls clean, remove from oven.
- Left over dough, use for drop cookies. Place on separate cookie sheet.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Lightly spray your hands with cooking spray or dip in flour. This will prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Use a big spoon or fork to press dough down evenly. Spray utensil before pressing dough.
Do you have a fond memory of your dad? I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment in the section below. Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.