This dish is hot- n- spicy and absolutely delicious. It makes for a perfect healthy high protein meal at home. It’s simple to make and you’ll have plenty of left overs for the work week.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup brown rice cooked
- ½ onion chopped
- 14.5 ounces diced plum tomatoes canned
- 8 ounces red kidney beans canned
- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken lengthwise.
- Place chicken in skillet.
- Set stove to medium-high.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned.
- Add chopped onion to skillet.
- Cook chicken and onions for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Sprinkle chili powder and black pepper on top.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from stove.
- Combine rice.
- Serve warm.
- I pre-cook a big batch of rice ahead of time in my crockpot.
- Select tomatoes and kidney beans that are reduced sodium.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Rinse and drain kidney beans before adding to skillet.
- Serve with a side of vegetables.
Looking for more great recipes and ideas to get you through the work week? Grab a copy of my E-book, Pantry Raid.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast to receive the latest articles, recipes and fitness information as it’s released.