These colorful drop cookies are absolutely delicious and fun and easy to make. The oatmeal and peanut butter make for a healthy and tasty combination; you’d never guess that there’s only ½ cup of sugar in this whole batch of cookies. And they’re so good you might make a second batch; enjoy.
- Yields: 25-30 cookies
- Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 2/3 cup peanut butter all natural crushed
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 whole egg cage free
- 4 egg whites cage free
- 3 Tbsp honey organic
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 small bag of green M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line or spray the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg and egg whites.
- Use a hand held mixer, mix the butter, sugar and peanut butter with the eggs.
- Beat in the honey and vanilla.
- Thoroughly mix in the flour and rolled oats.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. This will firm up the dough and make it easier to work with.
- Use your hands and roll the dough into large balls.
- Press each ball firmly on the cookie sheet using a big fork.
- Decorate the cookies with green M&M’s.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- I found that letting the butter sit at room temperature for 10 minutes softens it; this makes it easier to mix.
- Before pressing down the cookies, add a little cooking spray to the fork. Your cookies will be less likely to stick to the fork.
- My original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar. I like to experiment; I have managed to cut this recipe down to using only ½ cup of sugar. The honey makes up for the sweetness.
If you’d like more healthy recipes and strategies for cutting down on unhealthy ingredients, pick up a copy of my E-book, Pantry Raid.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!