Let’s be honest most protein bars are filled with junk. Although these protein bars look like something the Hulk would eat for a snack, these bars are pretty darn delicious; they are gooey, chewy and taste better than store bought bars. And the beauty of these monstrously nutritious bars, no baking required. Packed with protein and full of healthy antioxidants, these bars will provide you with awesome energy and are sure to become your favorite bar.
- Yields: 4 bars
- Freeze time: 30 minutes – 1 hour
- 2 cups of rice puffs
- ½ cup almond butter organic
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder egg
- 4 scoops greens
- ½ cup almond milk
Beastly Recipe Exchanges
- Rice puffs can be replaced with millet puffs.
- Replace almond milk with rice milk.
- Water can be used instead of milk.
- Use a plant, rice or egg protein powder with minimal ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Line a square 8”x8” baking pan with wax paper.
- Press dough into bottom of pan.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut into bars.
- Keep frozen or in fridge.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Depending on the consistency of the dough, you may need to add more milk, or almond butter for extra calories.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the bars.
- Once cut, place separately in wax bags or wrap individually in wax paper.
- Next, place each wrapped bar in a freezer zip bag or store in a sealed container.
For general purposes this recipe makes four huge protein bars. If your appetite’s not that big cut them into bite sized bars of sixteen.
These are my go to protein bars. If you’re a health nut like me, you’ll never grab another store bought protein bar again. If you make them I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment in the section below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!