Good gut and intestinal health is important for everyone, especially for those of us who are involved in the fitness community. If your body can’t absorb and assimilate nutrients properly, it can result in less than optimal performance and muscle growth.
Before I found VSL#3, I had literally gone through countless generic brands of probiotics. At one point, I was going through two bottles a month of a generic probiotic. Truth be told, I was taking up to 6 pills a day and it was doing me absolutely no good.
VSL #3 is Strong Stuff
Two capsules contain at least 225 billion lyophilized lactic acid bacteria, and contain 8 strains of live freeze-dried lactic acid bacteria.
VSL#3’s high grade potency has beneficial bacteria which can help with gas and bloating and lends itself to individuals who have IBS, ulcerative colitis an ileal pouch or have other gut and intestinal woes. I personally have none of the above, but my toxicologist recommended it to me. After so much success, I encouraged one of my good friends to give it a try. She’s had success with this product as well.
VSL#3 is considered a medical food and is doctor recommended; it can be found at your local pharmacy behind the counter in the pharmacist’s refrigerator or you can purchase it online at from Sigma-Tau.
- It’s Kosher and Halal certified.
- I have a variety of food sensitivities and have to avoid gluten; it’s gluten free.
- It comes in packet or pill form.
- Packets can be easily sprinkled on a cold cereal or food.
- I don’t like to ingest capsules; these capsules can be opened up and sprinkled on a cold cereal or food.
- It can be a little pricey, but in my opinion optimal gut health is worth every
- I like to take it first thing in the morning before I go to the gym; it can be easily added to my protein shake. I gently mix it into my protein shake.
- If you order it directly from the company, it is shipped on frozen ice packs. Be sure to store it in your refrigerator; it will maintain its highest possible potency.
- You can add it to any non-carbonated beverage or food. Try it in your yogurt, ice cream or apple sauce.
- Never mix it with hot beverages or foods because it will lose its potency and inactivate the live lactic acid bacteria.
In the fitness community, a good core starts from the inside out and is foundational for everything we do. No matter your fitness level, consuming a good quality probiotic like VSL#3 will optimize your gastro intestinal health. And don’t forget to eat clean and strengthen your core with some of these fab ab moves.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast. You will receive the latest articles, recipes and fitness information as it’s released! You will not receive any unwanted emails.