Instead of the traditional box of chocolate for Valentine’s Day, surprise your sweetie with some homemade cookies. These gluten free cookies are absolutely delicious and are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium and potassium. Grab some Valentine’s Day cookie cutters and give these cookies a try.
- Makes approximately 30-40 cookies *depending on size of cookie cutters
- Bake at 325 degrees
- Bake time: 10-12 minutes
- Beastly Ingredients
- 1½ cups almond flour gluten free
- 1½ cups oat flour gluten free
- ½ cup real butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg cage free
- 1/3 cup unsulphured blackstrap molasses gluten free
- ½ tsp. baking soda gluten free
- 1 tsp. ginger organic
- ½ tsp. Ceylon cinnamon organic
- ½ tsp. cloves organic
- ½ tsp. nutmeg organic
- Soften butter for 15 minutes.
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add in the egg and molasses.
- Whip the mixture. The mixture should have a fluffy consistency.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Once the dough is thoroughly mixed, separate it into 2 big balls of dough.
- Place each ball in clear plastic wrap; wrap it, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place one ball between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Roll out the dough. Making sure the dough is rolled out thin.
- Remove the top layer of wax paper.
- Use Valentine’s shaped cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Repeat step 9-13 with the second ball of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 10-12 minutes. This will firm them up prior to baking.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.
Who says gluten free is boring? These cookies are absolutely delicious.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumbler and Twitter. Thanks!