Editor’s note: My good friend Mary puts Bentonite clay to the test.
I’m sure you’ve heard of Aztec Secret Clay; it’s another one of those ‘natural remedies’ that a lot of people get good results with. Although it’s a very useful tool that’s natural and healthy, not all bentonite clays are created equal, and a lot of people really don’t know what bentonite clay is or how it works.
My favorite Bentonite clay is Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (Calcium Bentonite) from Death Valley, California, where it is sun-dried for up to six months in temperatures that can reach up to 134 degrees. The clay has a strong negative electromagnetic charge; when activated by water or apple cider vinegar, it acts like a magnet pulling metals and toxins from the body. The clay also affects the body’s pH levels and provides the body with vital minerals.
The clay is also beneficial for deep pore cleansing of the skin. Aztec Secret Indian healing clay is used for clay baths, body wraps, facials, acne and foot soaks. If you want to enjoy the benefits of clay in your own home, you can purchase this clay from Amazon, Walmart or at your local health food store. If you decide to use a different kind of clay, make sure it is 100% Natural. The most popular Bentonite clay’s are made with sodium bentonite or calcium bentonite.Either one will work wonders.
Beastly Steps: For Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Mix Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay with equal parts of apple cider vinegar. Use only 100%, raw is preferable or water.
- Use a glass or wooden bowl.
- Stir the mixture until it is a smooth paste.
- Add more clay or liquid as needed.
- Apply 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick layer of clay to the face or other areas of your body.
- Let it dry. As it dries, you will feel your face pulling and tightening up.
- Once the clay has dried, remove the clay by washing your face with warm water. You may get a slight redness to your face. This is normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes.
- After you’ve dried your face, top it off with your favorite moisturizer.
That’s it; 8 simple steps!
- Drying times vary, for delicate skin try 5 minutes. For normal skin, aim for 15- 20 minutes.
- Use it once a week or if you have problem skin, use it more often.
This is the first product that I felt the change in my skin as soon as I put it on. The best product that I’ve purchased that gets the job done.