These healthy homemade chocolate chip coffee muffins are low in calories, each contain less than 200 calories and taste absolutely amazing! Grab some Starbucks to go along with these muffins. Now do you really need an excuse to indulge this holiday season?
Makes 12 muffins
Bake at 350 degrees
Bake Time: 30-35 minutes
- ¾ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup of your favorite coffee (freshly brewed)
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Enjoy Life’s chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line the muffin tin.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, on low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the freshly brewed coffee.
- Stir in the cocoa and mix thoroughly.
- Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Using a whisk, gently combine the egg whites and one yolk.
- Remove the sauce pan from the stove.
- Add the flour to the sauce pan mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Muffins are best when moist, so don’t overcook.
- Poke with a toothpick, when the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done!
You might also like to try my gluten free recipe for chocolate chip coffee muffins.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!