These homemade peanut butter balls are a deliciously healthy cookie. This is a kid friendly no bake recipe that will keep your little munchkins busy while you’re baking in the kitchen. Both kids and adults are sure to love this recipe!
If you have a last minute holiday party to attend, simply by changing out some of the ingredients, you can make it a bit more sophisticated. Anyone who is a peanut butter lover will certainly delight over these simple healthy holiday treats.
Makes 2 dozen peanut butter balls
Refrigerate: 20 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter (Smucker’s Natural)
- 1 cup honey (Sue bee)
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup wheat germ (crushed)
- 1 cup graham crackers (crushed)
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, powdered milk and honey.
- Combine the ingredients until the mixture is very thick; you may want to use your hands.
- With your hands, roll the mixture into 2 dozen small balls.
- Place wheat germ in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the crushed gram crackers.
- In a third bowl place the finely chopped walnuts.
- Roll the balls and cover them with the coating of your choice.
- Place the peanut butter balls on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Beastly Party Options
- Use almonds or pecans.
- Replace graham crackers with cornflakes.
- For a sweet treat roll the peanut butter balls into flaked coconut or dip into Enjoy Life’s chocolate and create a fun fondue.
Do you need to eat gluten free? Stop by next week for my 100% gluten free version of this recipe.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast. By entering your email on the right hand side of this website where it says subscribe, you can receive the latest articles as soon as they’re released! You will not receive any unwanted emails, only the latest articles being posted.