If you have a last minute holiday party to attend, this can be made in a jiffy. And the best part is these cookies are gluten free. Almond butter lovers will certainly delight over this simple healthy holiday treat. This is also a very kid friendly no bake recipe that will keep your little munchkins busy while you’re baking in the kitchen. Both kids and adults are sure to love this recipe!
Makes 2 dozen almond butter balls
Refrigerate: 20 minutes
- 1 cup almond butter (raw organic)
- 1 cup honey (organic)
- 2 cups Nestle Carnation Instant Nonfat powdered milk (gluten free)
- 1 cup rice flakes (crushed)
- 1 cup Enjoy Life’s chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup almonds (finely chopped)
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, powdered milk and honey.
- Combine the ingredients until the mixture is very thick; you may want to use your hands.
- With your hands, roll the mixture into 2 dozen small balls.
- Place the crushed rice flakes in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the finely chopped almonds.
- In a third bowl place the melted chocolate.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate, or roll the balls and cover them with rice flakes or almonds.
- Place the almond butter balls on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Beastly Recipe Notes
- Try dipping the balls into the chocolate and then covering with a topping of your choice.
- For another healthy option try rolling the balls into Navitas Natural cacao.
Be sure to check out my homemade healthy high protein peanut butter balls with honey.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast. By entering your email on the right hand side of this website where it says subscribe, you can receive the latest articles as soon as they’re released! You will not receive any unwanted emails, only the latest articles being posted.