With last minute holiday shopping, who has time to sit down for a healthy meal? It seems all too often we end up eating at the food court or eating on the run at this time of the year. This simple salad is delicious and high in protein which makes it filling. Here’s the best part, it can be ready in less than ten minutes.
And if you have last minute baking to do before the relatives arrive, this recipe lends itself to my healthy homemade cinnamon cranberry bread with walnuts. Simply make the bread, and add the leftover cranberries and walnuts to it. Eat healthy, stay healthy even during the holidays, no excuses.
Ready in 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 6 ounces organic spinach (bag)
- 4 eggs (hard-boiled)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup 100% cranberry juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Wash the spinach and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs thinly.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach, eggs, cranberries and walnuts.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, cranberry juice and apple cider vinegar together.
- Toss salad and serve.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast. By entering your email on the right hand side of this website where it says subscribe, you can receive the latest articles as soon as they’re released! You will not receive any unwanted emails, only the latest articles being posted.