There’s no need to let eating gluten free hinder your holiday spirits. The trick to recreating a traditional holiday candy favorite is simple; make it taste just like the real thing! Melted dark chocolate and almond butter make for a satisfying and deliciously tasty combo.
You can wrap these candies in festive tins and add fun toppings to give them extra holiday flair.This recipe is a candy bar lovers delight. Treat yourself today.
Makes 12 almond butter cups
Freeze: 20 minutes
- 16 oz. Enjoy Life’s Baking Chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Almond milk
- ½ cup Organic raw almond butter
I picked up these festive muffin liners at the dollar store.
- Line muffin tin
- Melt chocolate on stove top
- Add the milk to chocolate *chocolate should be a thick consistency
- Simply layer chocolate, almond butter, chocolate
- Freeze for 20 minutes
- Work quickly tapping the chocolate with a spoon.
- Use clean fingers to spread the chocolate and almond butter evenly in thin layers.
- If chocolate becomes too thick place back on stove top and add 2 tablespoons of milk.
Beastly Recipe Notes:
- Feeling nutty? Top with chopped almonds, or walnuts.
- If you’re a chocolate lover, top with Enjoy Life’s Mini Chips, Mega Chunks, or Dark Chocolate Morsels.
Grab a glass of Almond or Rice milk and enjoy life! If gluten’s not an issue for you, check out my healthy homemade peanut butter cup recipe.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast; receive the latest articles as soon as they’re released! You will not receive any unwanted emails, only the latest articles being posted.