Holidays are meant to be fun; far too often unexpected house guests, hectic traffic, long hours of holiday shopping and holiday parties can leave you just plain worn out. Getting stressed out and worn out during the holidays can critically affect your adrenal glands.
Adrenal glands produce natural feel good hormones; they communicate with the thyroid gland and brain. Simply put, when they are stressed out and tired, so are you. Sound familiar? But by consuming small amounts of a high quality raw salt, you can combat simple levels of burnout and stress.
Eat more salt; you’ve got to be kidding. Salt raises blood pressure, can cause hypertension and can promote weight gain. It all depends on the quality of the salt. Unadulterated, natural raw sea salt contains over 80 important trace elements that can work wonders for fighting adrenal fatigue at this time of year.
Beastly Benefits of unadulterated natural raw sea salt
- Assists in balancing the proper Ph levels in your body
- Promotes a mild form of cellular detoxification
- Supports a stronger immune system
- Promote a healthy blood pressure
Avoid table salt and some forms of salt labeled ‘sea salt’ can be toxic; these salts are chemically processed and heated to over 1200 degrees F which causes separation of the sodium from the chloride. Some of these sea salts are bleached, and contain talc and aluminum which helps ease the flow of salt through the shaker.
Fight fatigue and stress with some or all of the tips below and add some pep to your step this holiday season.
- Consume small amounts of high quality raw salt.
- Purchase Himalayan salt or raw Celtic salt.
- Add a pinch of raw Celtic or Himalayan salt several times a day to your water.
- Stress can lead to dehydration, but consuming too much water without trace minerals or raw salt can further drive your energy levels down.
- Drink water daily. Aim to drink ½ your body weight in ounces with a pinch of raw salt.
- Craving saltier foods is another sign of adrenal fatigue; instead of reaching for a bag of chips, reach for some high quality salt instead.
- Don’t cook with salt; add it to your cooked food instead. It will be easier to control the amount.
A pinch or two of raw salt a day been known to improve energy levels.
When your adrenals are deficient they are in a weakened state; avoid eating sugar and sugary fruits until your adrenals gain some strength.
- Baked goods
- Processed and refined foods
Toss your table salt (replace it with Himalayan or raw Celtic salt)
Overtime, saltier food cravings will lessen and your adrenalin fatigue will diminish, as a result your energy levels will improve. Then you can start to incorporate some potassium rich fruits back into your diet.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!