Last week when I was getting my teeth cleaned, I noticed that Tracey, my dental hygienist had the longest sexiest eyelashes I’d ever seen. I couldn’t help but ask her what her secret was. This got me thinking about makeup for the holidays. Who doesn’t love a little bling for the holidays?
Want to look extra glam for the holidays? Toss these tips into your daily beauty regimen. You might just keep them around after the holidays have come and gone.
- Before applying mascara use a metal eyelash curler.
- Select a good quality primer to condition and coat your lashes. Wait 1-2 minutes; let the primer dry before applying mascara.
- Mascara comes with a curved or straight wand. Select a mascara that comes with a curved wand. A curved wand will give you fuller and thicker lashes for that ‘sexy’ look.
- Choose a good quality mascara specifically for lengthening the eyelashes. In this case, a good quality mascara does not have to be pricey. I have found that Maybelline has one of the best mascaras on the market for lengthening eyelashes. My favorite is the Colossal Volume Express.
- Always start with the lashes closest to your nose and work outward.
- Tracey’s secret: As you apply the mascara, swipe upwards and hold; this will give your lashes extra curl and make them appear fuller.
- Let dry for 1-2 minutes and reapply a second coat; repeating tip 5 and 6.
- Finally, don’t forget to take your supplements. Your body requires amino acids for hair growth. Calcium, magnesium and potassium can assist with eyelash growth. I personally take an alpha lipoic acid with biotin.
Boom; bring on the bling!
Do you have a makeup tip you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!
Subscribe to Nutrition Beast. By entering your email on the right hand side of this website where it says subscribe, you can receive the latest articles as soon as they’re released! You will not receive any unwanted emails, only the latest articles being posted.