Healthy homemade cranberry bread makes for the perfect last minute dessert to add to your Thanksgiving Day feast. Fresh cranberries, combined with honey and a hint of vanilla make this bread deliciously sweet.
If you’re having a large crowd for your holiday feast, be sure to check out my gluten free cinnamon cranberry bread too. This bread will disappear fast; consider making extra batch for unexpected dinner guests.
- Makes 2 – 5×9 inch loaf pans
- Bake at 350 degrees
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (pulverized)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup fresh cranberries (whole)
- ¼ cup walnuts (chopped)
- Cooking spray (to grease loaf pans)
- Prewash cranberries and pat dry gently with a clean towel.
- In a blender, pulverize the oatmeal.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the cranberries and walnuts.
- Stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the fresh cranberries.
- Spoon the batter and pour into 2 – 5×9 inch loaf pans.
- Lightly sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Beastly Recipe Notes
Instead of just sprinkling the walnuts on top, you can fold them into the batter too.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Thanks!