What could be better than a traditional apple pie right out of the oven; apple muffins of course. These homemade apple muffins are amazingly delicious, and are a healthy alternative to traditional apple pie. Your taste buds and waistline will love them; give them a try.
Makes 12 muffins
Bake at 350 degrees
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Make your own oat flour. Take 1 ½ cup of Old Fashioned oats and pulverize it in the blender.
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup Vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 large apple (chopped)
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl except the chopped apple.
- Once ingredients are thoroughly mixed, gently fold in the chopped apple.
- Spray the muffin tin and spoon in the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I leave the peel on the apple; it gives the muffins an authentic homemade apple pie taste.
At the 20 minute mark, I poke the muffins with a toothpick. Once the toothpick comes out clean I remove them from the oven.
If you prefer to go gluten free, you’ll love my gluten free apple cinnamon muffin recipe.