I thought I’d kick it up a notch and start creating a new line of gluten free recipes for the fall. Today, I’m experimenting in the kitchen with my latest addition of 100% pure rice protein powder. I’m also using millet flour and swapping out old fashioned oatmeal, in favor of gluten free steel cut oats.
If you’re looking for gluten free muffins, these are the perfect protein power, packed snack for the fall! Let’s get started.
- Makes 24 muffins
- Bake time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Millet flour
- 5 scoops of Protein powder (1 ½ cups)
- 2 teaspoons of Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground nutmeg
- 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites
- 1 ½ cup Applesauce
- ¼ cup Almond oil
- 15 ounces Pumpkin
- Steel Cut Oats, cooked *see below
Since I’m using Steel Cut Oats, I cook them in advance; they are softer and easier to digest.
- Add ¾ cup raw oats to boiling water.
If you have a sweet tooth, add several tablespoons of honey to the batter.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins with almond oil.
- Combine dry ingredients into one bowl.
- And wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Finally, combine dry and wet ingredients into one bowl.
- Make sure the batter is smooth, not lumpy.
Depending on the protein powder you use, add several tablespoons of water to the mixture. It’s best to have a thicker consistency.
They expand as they bake.
This makes a delicious pumpkin protein power, packed snack for the fall!
- Hot out of the oven with melted Ghee butter.
- Let them cool down and spread them with almond butter.
If you do, let me know in the comment section below.