For the most part, I’m not much on reviewing products these days. I’d rather share brands that I use on a regular basis with you. But, I’m always up for trying a good quality protein powder that has minimal ingredients in it. We all know what a challenge it can be to find a good source of quality protein powder. And if you have food sensitivities, it can be a very daunting task to find a protein powder that you can consume.
I recently had the pleasure to try a one pound bag of Oryzatein Silk Sprouted Brown Rice protein powder. Their protein powder is 100% pure and has no other ingredients.
I’m loving the resealable zip pouch.
One serving 4 tablespoons
One pound bag provides about fifteen 30 gram servings and costs $9.99.
- 116 Calories
- 1 gram of Fat
- 0.3 grams of Saturated Fat
- 2 grams of Carbohydrates
- 25 grams of Protein
ZNatural Foods carries it in 1, 5 and 55 pound sizes. Yes, that’s not a ‘typo’ a 55 pound bag of protein powder, gulp! To check out their prices and other great products, click here.
- I like the fact that it only has 20 mg of sodium. Most protein powders contain high amounts of sodium.
- Concerned about the sugar content? It has 0 grams of sugar.
- It has a smoother texture and is not gritty like other rice protein powders I’ve tried.
- It’s hypoallergenic and easy to digest.
- If you’re vegan, it’s an excellent source of protein.
- It mixes well and tastes great in a juice or as a smoothie.
- I love the fact that it’s such a clean protein powder.
- It doesn’t have much flavor so you will need to mix it in juice or add fruit.
This morning, I blended it with organic dark cherry juice.
- Try it in your favorite juice.
- Blend it in milk and add frozen or fresh chunks of fruit.
- Add some oatmeal and a tablespoon of honey for some morning carbs.
- I’m thinking it would be an amazing post workout shake, with chocolate milk.
- If you can’t have chocolate milk, try Almond or Rice milk. Mix in Organic Raw Cacoa or blend in Enjoy Life’s gluten and lactose free chocolate chips and put it in the freezer.
This protein powder is going to become a Beastly staple in my pantry. Next week check back, I’ll be whipping up some new fall recipes with this protein powder.
Pick some of this protein powder up for yourself and give it a try. If you do, let me know in the comment section below.
Love the pink highlights!!!!
Thanks, Linda; I’m glad you noticed! I’m changing some things up on Nutrition Beast.