Lately I’ve been experimenting with sweet and spicy combinations in the kitchen.Whether you grill this 100% grass-fed organic beef or cook it in the oven, it has an excellent flavor to it. I’ve become partial to this brand of meat because it has no pesticides, no antibiotics added and no hormones added.
The paprika and chopped garlic add some zest to this recipe; while the combination of unsulfured black strap molasses, honey and pure maple syrup provide a sweetness, which makes for an awesome combination. It’s simple to make with minimal cleanup involved.
4 ounces of this organic beef is packed with 25 ounces of juicy protein.
Keeping it light, these spices make for a sweet combo.
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons unsulfured blackstrap molasses *not show
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch of Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 handful of chopped garlic
I combine the mixture in a large glass bowl and add a little water, so it’s not too thick liquid and has a liquid consistency. I pour the liquid mixture over the beef and fold the tinfoil fold up prior to cooking.
- 350 degrees for approximately 10 – 15 minutes
- About half way through cooking, take a fork and flip the beef. This will allow the juice to absorb.
- Remove, leave wrapped in foil and let cool.
Pour off the remainder of the marinade, add your favorite low carb side dish. This is delicious with sauteed spinach, lightly drizzled with honey.
For an even stronger flavor, marinade the meat overnight. This is a powerful protein packed meal with sweetness.
If you like this, try my bite sized bison burgers. Next week come back and check out my tasty Ribeye Steak Kabobs.