For health reasons I have had to considerably increase my vegetable intake. This gave me an excuse to get out in the kitchen and get a little creative.
I’ve found a fun way to sneak the extra veggies into my diet is by making cauliflower popcorn. If you like the crunch of popcorn and you like cauliflower then this will make a great snack for you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- Salt to taste-I use Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt for flavor; both can be found at your local health food store.
How to make it:
I make these, first thing in the morning, and by mid-morning; it makes for the perfect snack.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush one or two baking dishes with grape seed oil. I like to use glassware for my baking.
- Cut the cauliflower into one-inch florets.
- In a large glass bowl, toss the florets with the grape seed oil.
- Pour the florets from the bowl to the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Let them bake for 10 minutes, pull them out of the oven and gently toss them using a spoon; this will allow them to cook evenly.
- Place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook them or they will burn.
- Once they are done, remove them from the oven, let them cool, and toss with salt. And Voila’, healthy popcorn!
My favorite time to eat them is when they first come out of the oven; they are nice and crunchy. This makes approximately 4 servings.
Due to this recipes high heat I opted for grape seed oil. I never use extra virgin olive oil over 350 degrees because it turns carcinogenic. This recipe also tastes great with Ghee butter too. You can read my review on Ghee butter here.
Have you tried it? Let us know what you think. Please leave a comment in the section below.