There are many ways to do a detox and you don’t always need to do a fast or colon-cleanse to get amazing results. These are healthy and safe solutions for a quick start to detox. Once you get started, consider the long term benefits of integrating some of these detoxing protocols into your daily life.
Always refer to the manufacturers recommended dosages as each product’s recommended dosages may vary slightly.
Start your detox off right
Step 1 – Upon wake up
- Get hydrated.
- Consume greens in juice or water.
- If you don’t like greens, drink water with fresh organic lemon and ground ginger root. (grind your own ginger)
Step 2 – Make your own cocktail
*add to step 1
- Add cilantro in cold weather. You can purchase veggie gel capsules that can be opened up and sprinkled into your drink.
- In warmer weather use dandelion. Purchase as veggie gel caps. Refer to #1.
- Include Zeolite in your cocktail. Zeolite is a natural mineral that assists in removing heavy metals that accumulate in our bodies. This is especially important for those of you who do a lot of commuting or air travel. Zeolite comes in a liquid form.
- Consider taking a good quality liver pill that contains milk thistle with your morning cocktail. This can assist in detoxifying and maintaining of a healthy liver, gall bladder, pancreas, kidney and urinary tract function.
As we age our liver becomes sluggish and it takes longer to get it started in the morning. After consuming your detox cocktail wait several hours prior to eating.
Step 3 – Stay hydrated
- Increasing water intake will assist in detoxing water soluble toxins. Drinks such as coffee, tea and soda don’t count.
- Drink from glass. Plastic bottles leach chemicals.
- Drink coconut water to rehydrate.
- Preferably drink alkaline antioxidant water. This water can neutralize toxins.
Step 4 – Eat plenty of:
- Cruciferous foods (broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage ,cauliflower)
- Sulfer rich foods (cruciferous, eggs, garlic, onion)
- Foods rich in vitamin c (citrus fruit, sweet peppers)
- Omega 3’s and 9’s (fish or fish oil supplements [EPA/DHA or flax seed oil], avocado, almonds, eggs, olive oil [oleic acid])
- Foods rich in B-12 and folic acid (whole grains and vegetables)
- Drink-green tea.
*Note: Consuming healthy fats assists in pulling toxins trapped deep within the cell walls.
Step 5 – Add spices to your meals
- Cayenne flakes
Step 6 – Consider it
- Change out your shower head. Consider purchasing a shower filtration system. This can be found at the local hardware store and is easy to install. The shower head reduces the effect of chlorine on the skin and the hair. It can be used in your home or taken with you while travelling.
- Get a massage. A massage can assist in moving toxins that pool in your lymphatic system.
Use this quick start detox plan as a springboard to create your own combination that works for you. Remember to always consult with your healthcare professional before starting any detox program.
Have you tried any of these detox suggestions or have any questions? Let us know in the comment section below.