I always look forward to getting a new tub of protein powder delivered to my door. But what happens when I get that tub of protein powder is another story.
Upon opening the jug the digging begins. Where the heck is that scooper?
This got me wondering am I alone in this? I have several ways of combatting this issue. Sometimes I am smart. When I get to the end of a tub I save the scooper. If I forget I use a big metal spoon and start digging!
Recently I polled a group of top-level athletes, bodybuilders and powerlifters.
How the heck do they get that scooper out?
Here is what they had to say…
- Either a fork or I save the scooper from the last jug.
- Never had any problems. Guess I am lucky.
- I just shake the container a bit until I see a bit of the scooper poking through.
- I save my scoopers so I have plenty of spare ones lying around. This saves me from digging the new scoop out of the tub.
- Butter knife
- I tilt the container on its side and did for it with my hand, then lick the powder off my hand.
- Wooden spoon, spatula, knife, I need to remember the full hand method for next time.
- I just stick my hand in and grab it even if I have to push all the way to the bottom.
- Mine comes in a bag. I squeeze it and find the scoop. I can work it up to the top before I even open it.
- Nope you’re not alone. I have put my hand in, dig and then lick it off my hand.
It is nice to know I am not alone. As you can see everyone has their own way of retrieving that scooper. There are many ways to get that scooper out.
Two of the most popular methods are using a utensil or saving the scooper from a previous jug. My favorite would have to be sticking a hand in it and then licking it. The bottom line is it doesn’t matter how you get it out, as long as you do.
If you’re looking for a delicious weight gainer shake, check out my recipe here.
Let me know what you do. I would love to hear from you. Please comment below.