Published on November 22nd, 2016 | by Admin0
Healthy Fall Recipe: Bob’s Red Mill’s Spicy Pumpkin Gingerbread
If you’re looking to spice things up this fall, then I know you’ll love this gloriously healthy recipe made with Bob’s Red Mill’s Organic Whole Wheat Flour! This healthy spicy pumpkin gingerbread will warm you up and tastes absolutely amazing with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- 6 egg whites
- 4 ounces of sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill’s organic whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- coconut oil
- Next, I take the bowl with the egg whites and other wet ingredients and pour it into this bowl. I turn my hand held mixer on low and gently combine the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are combined thoroughly, I set that bowl to the side. I grab a second mixing bowl and add 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour, baking soda, ginger, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl. I gently stir these ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Then I grab my large mixing bowl and add 6 egg whites, 4 ounces of sugar, 1 cup of pumpkin puree, ½ cup coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and ½ cup buttermilk. I blend it together with my hand held mixer.
- Before I get started, I preheat the oven to 350 degrees and I grab a 9×12 inch baking pan. I place a small amount of coconut oil in the bottom of the pan to lightly grease it.
- Finally, I pour the mixture into the baking pan and let it bake for 30-35 minutes. I can usually tell when it is close to being done by the way it smells. I take a toothpick and poke the center of the bread. If the toothpick pulls out clean, I know it is done. If not, I let it bake for a few more minutes.
- When the bread is done, I take it out from the oven and let it cool down on a cooling rack before I cut it.
Serving size 1 square
Beastly Recipe Notes
You could also add raisins to the mixture. You could also add almonds or walnuts to the mixture. Another alternative is to top the bread with nuts before you put it in the oven to bake.
Did you love this recipe? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends.
Still hungry for more healthy recipes, muscle building and weight loss tips? Pick up a copy of Pantry Raid.