Published on March 27th, 2014 | by Admin0
How to Drink Greens
In a recent article, (How to Eat More Vegetables), I mentioned that I am making a conscious effort to increase my vegetable intake. One of the easiest ways to get extra greens is by drinking them. Drinking greens can enhance alkalinity and can assist in whole body detoxification. Drinking greens can also provide the body with essential vitamins, powerful antioxidants, enzymes and a healthy digestive and immune system.
Currently, I am drinking Greens Plus Advanced Multi Raw Superfood. You can check them out here. Greens Plus contains 6 servings of fruits and vegetables, and there’s all sorts of ways to drink it. Here are some ideas I thought I’d share with you.
Beastly idea #1
What you’ll need:
- 1 small glass container with a lid
- 4 ounces of water
- 4 ounces of organic grapefruit juice-Grapefruit juice happens to be my favorite, but I have used organic cherry and pineapple juice; they work well with the greens too.
How to make it:
- I fill a small glass container with 4 ounces of water and 4 ounces of grapefruit juice.
- I place the small glass container in the refrigerator to get it cold.
- Later when I am ready, I add 1 scoop of Greens + and a pinch of ginger to the glass jar.
- For extra antioxidants, I open up 1 capsule of vitamin C made from Camu or a wild crafted sourced berry, and add that to my drink.
- I place the lid on the container and shake it thoroughly.
This makes an excellent morning energy booster.
- Just make sure the juice you select is organic and 100% pure juice. You can also squeeze your own organic juice.
- For extra zest, you can add a slice of organic lemon.
Beastly idea #2
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 ounces of water
- Ice cubes
- 1 scoop of Greens Plus-This happens to be my favorite; they also have it in a vanilla flavor.
- 1 scoop of protein powder-I use a chocolate protein powder.
- Magic bullet-I have done away with my blender; it took up too much counter space. Check out my review on the magic bullet here.
- 1 shot of wheat grass
Here’s how to make it:
I pour the water, and ingredients into the Magic bullet.
I pick up one shot of wheat grass from my local health food store.
I love to add ice to my drinks; this cute little ice cube tray my Dad found for a bargain at a local thrift store.
This greens drink is full of antioxidants and packs a punch of protein too.
- Instead of wheat grass you can also add chia or flax seed to the drink.
- You can find greens at your local health food store and online at the nutrition stores. Greens comes in a variety of brands and comes in both capsule and powder form, just be sure to read the labels carefully.
If you try it; let me know what you think. Please leave a comment in the section below.